Friday, March 12, 2010

Water-logged

I work part-time for a large retail chain, and you would think they could afford to get the roof fixed on the store. I've worked there for almost two years, and in that time, what started as a few drips has escalated to the truly ridiculous. Now you can hardly move down some aisles for all the buckets sitting on the floor to catch drips. In one area, the leaks have become so bad and the buckets so numerous that they would actually be better off putting a kiddy pool in that spot to catch all the drips (seriously . . . there are seven or eight buckets in that one 5 foot by 5 foot section of floor). It's gotten so bad that the ceiling tiles are starting to drop. One missed me the other night by only a few feet. When it hit the floor, it disintegrated into several pieces and splattered water all over my back. And then the water running in sounded like a waterfall as it ran all over the merchandise (beccause, of course, the water had pooled up behind the ceiling tile once the foam got too sodden to absorb any more).

I don't see the situation getting any better, because we're in a rainy cycle PLUS there's probably at least six feet of snow on the roof that's melting.

And I thought the one little leaky spot in MY roof was a crisis!

If I actually get hit by one of those soggy things, I'm going to have a meltdown.